Full Stack Software Engineer
Unagi Scooters is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to help us grow our software offerings.
Unagi Scooters is redesigning urban, local travel. We offer the Unagi Model One, a high performance electric scooter for high performance people. The award-winning Model One enables people to explore their cities in a smarter, more sustainable way, with no sacrifice for style.
We want to augment our Unagi rider experience with mobile applications that are beautiful and easy to use, with the ability to deliver a best-in-class combination of vehicle and software to our customers.
You have the opportunity to build the unique Unagi mobile experience from the ground up. What are you waiting for?
What you’ll do:
- Work with Product and Design to turn assets into full-fledged mobile applications on iOS and Android, as well as IoT cloud and web applications.
- Connect to our top-of-the-line vehicles to offer riders an unprecedented level of control in their riding experience.
- Build a strong server-side infrastructure that connects all aspects of the customer experience (from purchase through to ride) to improve riding (and shopping for your ride and accessories) over time.
- Deploy and maintain our mobile applications suite in concert with ongoing company initiatives in hardware and software advancements -- which means working on exciting new feature development for future release.
The ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Cross-platform development (e.g. Xamarin, React Native)
- Familiarity with mobile languages, e.g. Swift and Kotlin/Java
- Backend stack development (e.g. Java, C/C++)
- SQL / MySQL
- Experience with hardware / IoT interfaces
- Bluetooth and Bluetooth security
- Experience integrating with real-time hardware systems
Bonus if the candidate has the following skills and experience:
- Data collection pipeline for Machine Learning / Deep Learning applications
- Working with large data sets
- Writing safety-critical code
- Experience in the automotive or electric mobility industries
- Experience in the autonomous vehicle industry
Unagi Scooters is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
Interested? Please email Golly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Full Stack Software Engineer".
Serious inquiries only. Position is remote and FTE, located in US or Canada.
Senior Sales Associate
New York City -- FULL TIME
We are Unagi Scooters.
Our story: First, we designed the finest electric scooter on earth. Our mission is freedom. We are hellbent on liberating people from the tyranny of transportation frustrations—the costs, inconveniences, the carbon emissions. So we built the ideal personal liberation device. Then, we figured out how to make it affordable. Our approach is direct-to-consumer, which allows us to put an Unagi scooter in the hands of everyone who could use one. Now, we are organizing several stores to introduce Unagi Scooters to the world, in person.
We are looking for a Full Time Senior Sales Associate to oversee the daily operations of our Brooklyn store. Our Senior Sales Associate will support the management team, while guiding the other associates and connecting with customers.
Our ideal candidate is excited about transportation technology, micromobility, emerging consumer trends, and would consider themselves an “early adopter.” We are building a stellar retail team with a passion for great customer service, and who love to help others learn about the latest tech, and we need a Senior Sales Associate to help motivate and guide them.
- Support the management team with opening and closing processes
- Mentor and guide the Unagi Scooters retail team on a daily basis
- Assist Unagi customers through the discovery, experience, and purchase process
- Maintain an expert-level knowledge of all products in the showroom; attend trainings and keep current with product research and FAQs
- Be able to speak to Unagi’s vision and mission statement with customers
- Assist with in-store events
- Help clean, organize, and restock the showroom
- Assist as needed with merchandising and inventory management
- 2+ years of experience in a high-touch customer-facing retail role
- Previous keyholder experience a plus
- Excited about new and emerging technology
- Passionate about creating a dynamic customer experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and team members
We want to hear from you if:
- You're excited to work for an emerging brand and contributing to the company’s growth
- You're experienced supporting small retail teams, and motivated to help them perform at their best
- You are a master communicator with the ability to interact effectively with customers and team members
- You love being organized and have an eye for details
- You are adaptable and thrive in the ever-changing retail atmosphere
- You place value on being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You'd describe yourself as positive, passionate about technology, and a people person
- You're excited to increase Unagi Scooters’ brand exposure in your personal market
- You're able to work a retail schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Unagi Scooters is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and Diversity.
Interested? Please email Golly at email@example.com with the subject line "Senior Sales Associate (NYC)".